Java Virtual Machine or JVM not found error on Windows 10 : Are you having a problem when installing Eclipse and having Java installation error: “Java virtual Machine or JVM not found” ? We might be able to solve your problem and help you running your version of eclipse on Microsoft Windows 10 PC.
There are 2 things to know, have you installed Java Development kit(JDK) and if you have then still this error is coming?
Okay so let’s see how to fix both of the above things.
Method 1: Fix Java Virtual Machine or JVM not found error
- First, if you didn’t installed JDK which is necessary for running eclipse then go here and download it here.
- The file is of 170mb, after finish downloading, install the file.
- Now in some cases installing the JDK still doesn’t solve the problem, so what you have to do is Set the PATH of the JDK installation.
- To set the path go to My computer, right click and select properties, another dialogue box will appear and select advance system settings.
- A new window will appear in which you have to search for Environment Variables and click on it to open it.
- Now click on new and in variable name field write path and in variable value field paste the path of the JDK installation as shown. Note: Paste your path of your java installation directory and version.
- Click Ok and save everything and now try opening Eclipse and I am pretty sure that you will be making the next big android app by now and little credit goes to me also, so it’s a win-win for everybody.
Method 2: How To Fix Java Virtual Machine or JVM not found error
- Make sure both the Java version and Eclipse belongs to same architecture.So install 64-bit java for 64-bit eclipse and 32-bit java for 32-bit eclipse.
- Open eclipse.ini from the root installation directory of eclipse and paste this code at the end of the code:
-vm C:Program FilesJavajdk1.7.0_21jrebinserverjvm.dll //find it if you are having another JDK version.
That’s it, if you follow the step by step on above you will successfully fix Java Virtual Machine or JVM not found error on your Windows 10. But if you still have any questions regarding this post feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.