Learn How to Recovery Drive to Restore or Reset Windows 10 if your PC won’t start. You can see more information: Create a Recovery Drive in Windows 10.
Recovery Drive to Restore or Reset Windows 10
- Please connect the recovery drive then turn on your PC.
- After it, on the Choose an option screen > select Troubleshoot > select an option. But if you don’t see the Choose your option screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. You can check your PC manufacturer’s website for info on how to change your PC’s boot order.
- Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced Options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems, but it won’t affect your personal files.
- Select Reset this PC and then choose to keep or remove your files.
If resetting doesn’t work, you can also Recover from a drive. This will reinstall Windows 10. But it’ll remove your personal files, apps and drivers you installed, and changes you made to settings.
How to use Installation Media to Reinstall Windows 10
Warning: This will remove all your personal files, apps and drivers you installed, apps and customizations from your PC manufacturer, and changes you made to settings.
- Download Media Creation Tool then Run it.
- Select Create installation media for another PC.
- Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Follow the steps to create installation media then select Finish.
- Connect the installation media you created to your non-functional PC, and then turn it on.
- On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you’re not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer’s website for info on how to change your PC’s boot order, and then try again.
- Select Install now.
- On the Enter the product key to activate Windows page, enter a product key if you have one. If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free or bought and activated Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, select Skip and Windows will automatically activate later.
- On the License terms page, select I accept the license terms (if you agree to them), then select Next.
- On the Which type of installation do you want? page, select Custom.
- On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, select a partition, select a formatting option (if necessary), and then follow the instructions.
- When you’ve finished formatting, select Next.
- Follow the rest of the setup instructions to finish installing Windows 10.
- how big usb for windows 10 recovery
- how to reset windows 10 in windows recovery
- reset pc using recovery drive