The error Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP Configuration is often appear on Windows 10/8.1/7 based operating system. The average Windows user encountered the problem when wanting to connect to a Wi-Fi or Local Area Network (LAN) via Ethernet. Here is an example of an error message that often appears when connecting to the network:
- Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
- Local area connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
- Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
- Wireless network connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
In addition to the above error messages, you will typically get “Limited Connectivity” / “No Internet Access” error messages or similar messages when connecting your computer or laptop to both Wi-Fi and LAN. The error message is usually accompanied by a yellow triangle icon with an exclamation mark on the Network icon in the taskbar.
Siehe auch: Windows reparieren 10 using Automatic Repair
The problem is caused by incorrect TCP / IP settings so to fix this we have to reset the settings as before. If you are currently experiencing the above issues at this time, let’s follow some methods below:
1. Restart Your Windows/PC
This first way is the simplest and easiest way. Often the above problems can be solved simply by restarting your Windows PC.
2. Setting with Command Prompt
- Open Eingabeaufforderung (Administrator).
- Run the command below one by one in follow by pressing Eingeben.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- netcfg -d
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
3. Reboot the system
- Right-clicking on the Start Menu.
- Klicken Power Options.
- In the left panel, click on Choose what the power buttons do / Choose what the power button does.
- Wählen Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck the box beside Turn on fast startup (recommended) near the bottom of the window to turn off Fast Startup.
- Wählen Save changes.
- Close the System Settings
- Reboot your computer.
4. Check Network Adapter Settings
- Drücken Sie Win + R then type ncpa.cpl > OK.
- Right click Network Connections window > wählen Properties.
- Check Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties. You will then see the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window. Enable the following options:
– Obtain an IP Address Automatically
– Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically
5. Restart the router
Turn off your router or modem and switch it back on after five minutes. Now check if your PC has the valid IP configuration. If it still does not work, connect your router to your PC using a different Ethernet cable.
6. Reinstall Network Adapter
- Drücken Sie Win + R then type > OK.
- Expand the Network Adapters > right click on your Ethernet card > choose Uninstall.
- Reinstall your network adapter using the driver accompanying the hardware.
Hinweis: you should reinstall the network interface card using the latest version of the driver from the manufacturer’s portal if reinstalling the Ethernet card does not solve the problem.
OK, these are some methods to fix error message Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP Configuration. If you has other methods, please comment.